Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Ouch.

Shin splints were never a problem for me before now. I guess going from being a very active teenager to a twenty three year old who works 40 hours a week sitting on her butt may have something to do with it. I'm not sure what to do; I want to run but I'm in pain. My first two days of running were great last week but after day three I woke up with that same pain in my shins that started back in January! I want to be able to run and not worry about whether or not my shins will hurt for weeks after. I suppose I could walk instead but just walking doesn't get me the results I want, I find workout videos to be repetitive and boring so I'm only doing them twice a week... I don't know what to do. Sorry if I am ranting but I am at a loss with these shin splints and wanting to run but not being able to. What do I do to get rid of them? What are alternatives to running? 

I am considering changing it up and doing a combination of these three:
Yoga
Walking
Weight lifting

I tried yoga a few times and liked it. Walking is low impact and since I won't get great muscle tone from walking, the yoga and weights should do the trick.

I guess I need to go back to the drawing board and make a new plan for myself since I won't be running again anytime soon. I'm really disappointed that running isn't an option for me right now but I'm looking forward to trying something new and seeing what results I will get from it.

Look for an updated fitness plan from me soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment