Thursday, July 4, 2013

TBT: Fourth of July.

When I was a child, the fourth of July was spent somewhere outside, covered with sunscreen and waiting for the sun to go down so we can light our fireworks. I can't remember travelling anywhere or having "traditions" for Independence Day but I know that day was spent with my family enjoying the summer.
 
I'm not able to find old pictures from the fourth of July specifically, but I do have old summer pictures I'd like to share with you.
I love going back and looking at old pictures from my childhood. Even more fun is going back and looking at old photo's from my husbands!
A little closer to date, Nick and I went to the Coke Zero 400 for fourth of July weekend in 2009...
...and in 2011.
This is a fun race because it's at night and they do fireworks afterwards but it is scorching hot! We aren't planning on going to Daytona this year but it was a lot of fun in the past.
 
Today, Nick and I are hanging out at home together. We've been travelling so much that we just want some time to ourselves and enjoy our beautiful house. Nick went out and got us some fireworks to do in the backyard and we may or may not have broken into some of them last night! I'm excited about hanging out together today and am looking forward to enjoying some drinks, watching the Tigers and lighting up fireworks.
 
I hope you all have a wonderful fourth of July!
What are your plans for today and this weekend?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment